eberlin

photography blog

If you would like me to photograph your event, your team, your town, or anything else; please do get in touch.

You can find further examples of my work on my gallery page, Flickr and Instagram.

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Roll 1 / 52 Rolls of Film (Leica CM, Kodak TMax100)

The first week of my 2014 photo challenge has seen me try and finish the unfinished rolls of film in my cameras. The first to be used up is a roll of Kodak Tmax 100 black and white film which I have developed myself. 

Some photos were taken over the last few months. The first photo of Bearfield Church looks like it was taken last summer. The second photo has a rather charming bit of light leakage. The final photo is of the floods that we are currently enduring in Bradford on Avon. 

This highlights one of the most pleasing aspects of film - the anticipation of not knowing what is on the roll, or how it will turn out. 

The unique quirks of film, the grain and the tonal range are all things that provide a welcome alternative to the precision of digital. It's all a bit more organic (despite the use of silver halide and chemicals to produce the photos....)!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

What we do
online strategy | web design | social media | seo | email marketing | brand identity | photography
what makes a good website | the process of creating a website

twitter1 facebook1 linkedin1 flickr1 instagram1 blogger1

©2014 eberlin

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here.